New Stadium Construction Updates
As the Atlanta Falcons, GWCCA and City of Atlanta begin construction on a new world class stadium to replace the Georgia Dome, this page will contain all of the information that we are aware of that could potentially impact day-to-day activity or any event on the GWCCA Campus (Georgia Dome, Georgia World Congress Center or Centennial Olympic Park).
The New Falcons Stadium will be located directly south of the current Georgia Dome in area that was formerly known as the Orange lot and surrounding areas.
Fans or attendees to any event at the Georgia Dome or Georgia World Congress Center should expect the following:
- Attendees could face temporary lane closures on portions Northside Dr and Mitchell St.
- The GWCC. Orange Lot, Brown Lot, Purple Lot or Silver Lot is not available for parking.
- Georgia Dome Drive, Haynes St and the Mitchell St Connector will be closed to all traffic.
- Attendees accessing the campus from MLK Jr Dr. will be detoured down Nelson St to Northside Dr. MLK Jr. Dr. will be closed between Centennial Olympic Park Dr. and Mt. Vernon Baptist Access Road.
- Attendees will not be allowed to turn east from Northside Drive onto MLK Jr. Dr, they will instead be detoured down to Nelson street and up to the intersection of MLK Jr. Dr and Centennial Olympic Park Dr.