On July 1, 2009, the Georgia World Congress Center became the first convention center in the country to require the ESCA Exhibition Industry Worker Identification System (WIS) Badge in order to gain access to the facility. This new identification badge system allows the GWCC to improve the overall security of the facility, its licensees and guests. As always, safety and security are top priorities at the Georgia World Congress Center, and WIS enables us to closely monitor all access to the facility and to properly review and monitor all staffing on a daily basis.
All contractors, suppliers and vendors who work in the GWCC must now be identified with the WIS badge.
Although the GWCC is the first convention center to require the badge, there are other centers actively reviewing the system. Exhibition workers will no longer need multiple badges as they travel from city to city. The ESCA WIS Badge will be recognized by all participating facilities once adopted.
To register, go to www.escawis.com . If additional information is needed on how to register, please contact: Mitt Arnaudet firstname.lastname@example.org
GWCC Access Points
- The Red Parking Deck is the designated parking deck for contractors.
- Contractors who present a valid WIS badge "Permanent- Picture ID" to the parking attendee will receive discount parking.
- Contractors will enter the building through the employee entrance located on Lower Andrew Young International Blvd on the B1 docks.
THIS IS THE ONLY AUTHORIZED ENTRANCE
- To access the employee entrance from Upper Andrew Young International, take the red deck parking lot elevators, 1IP or 2IP, to level 2. Exit through the glass double doors.
- The Employee entrance is located across the street from the second floor glass double doors leading from the Red Parking Deck elevators 1IP and 2IP.
- Contractors will be required to scan WIS badges upon entering the GWCC.
CONTRACTORS NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH BADGING POLICIES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO GWCC.
WHAT IF MY EMPLOYEES DO NOT HAVE BADGES UPON ARRIVAL TO THE GWCC?
Those without proper credentials will not be allowed access to the GWCC. This includes those with expired badges.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO OBTAIN PERMANENT WIS BADGES?
WHAT IS THE COST OF WIS BADGES?
Badges for ESCA members cost $10; cost for Non ESCA members is $15; temporary badges cost $7. Badges are valid three calendar years. Temporary badges are valid one calendar year. All badges expire December 31 of the expiration year.
WHERE SHOULD CONTRACTED EMPLOYEES PARK UPON ARRIVAL TO GWCC?
Discount parking is only available in the Red Parking Deck.
For additional information or questions regarding WIS at the GWCC, please contact: